1. Wash chicken /and any giblets there may be) thoroughly both inside and out, dry well and divide into 8 serving pieces.
2. Peel and finely chop onions. Halve peppers, remove stems, ribs and seeds, wash in lukewarm water. Then dry and cut into 3 cm (1 1/4 in) wide strips.
3. Heat clarified butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pan and fry onions until transparent, turning continuously.
4. Add chicken pieces and continue to fry for a few minutes, while turning.
5. Add prepared peppers and chicken stock, cover and cook gently over low heat for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, stir soured cream, paprika, salt and pepper together; add to chicken at the end of 30 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle parsley over chicken before serving.
8. Tender boiled rice goes well with this dish.