2 oxtails, cut into joints
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 onions, chopped
1 tbsp mild curry powder
2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp smooth apricot jam
1 tbsp fruit chutney
1 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup (6 fl oz) 180 mlmeat stock
2 potatoes, grated
2 cooking (tart) apples, cored and thinly sliced
2 bananas, thinly sliced
1. Remove excess fat from oxtail and brown meat in heated cooking oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent.
2. Add curry powder and fry for another minute. Add salt, pepper, jam, chutney, lemon juice and heated meat stock.
3. Cover with lid, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
4. Add potatoes and simmer for another 20 minutes.
5. Add fruit 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!