This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
Home-made fried potato skin quarters
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
840 g (30 oz) 4 cups of canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
2 tablespoons of light tahini paste
3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
A few drops of (Gluten free) chilli sauce/oil
The juice of 2 large lemons
297 g (10 1/2 oz) of silken tofu (firm)
At least 3 tablespoons of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
A little chopped parsley for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
2. Place the potato skins on a non-stick baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until crispy.
4. Meanwhile, mix the chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tahini, garlic, chilli sauce/oil, lemon juice, tofu, salt, pepper and coriander (cilantro) leaves together in the food processor until smooth.
5. Scoop into an attractive bowl. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and parsley.
6. Place in the centre of a large oval plate and arrange the potato skins around the dip.
7. Serve immediately.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!