1 1/2 lb (700 g) chuck or blade steak
2 tbsp (30 ml) fat or oil
1 large onion, skinned and sliced
2 green peppers, seeded and sliced
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt red wine
30 ml (2 level tbsps) tomato paste
179 g (6-oz) pkt frozen corn kernels
salt and pepper
1. Cut the meat into 2.5-cm (1-in) cubes.
2. Heat the fat or oil and fry the onion until golden brown, remove and place in a casserole.
3. Fry the peppers lightly and add to the onions in the casserole.
4. Fry the meat until brown - about 5 minutes.
5. Add the wine and tomato paste and season to taste.
6. Mix well and add to the vegetables in the casserole.
7. Cover and cook in the oven at 170°C (325°F) mark 3 for about 2 hours, then add the corn kernels and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!