1 lb (450 g) stewing beef
4 oz (100 g) streaky bacon rashers, rinded
4 oz (100 g) onion, skinned
4 oz (100 g) rolled oats
10 ml (2 tsps) Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 level tsp (5 ml) salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
1. Trim the meat where necessary to remove surplus fat.
2. Put the meat, bacon and onions twice through a mincer. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3. Shape into a long thick sausage and wrap in oiled foil. Fold the foil lightly across the top and twist the ends together.
4. Put the sausage on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 150°C (300°F) mark 2 for about 2 hours.
5. Gently remove the foil and serve hot in thick slices, accompanied by a tomato sauce.
46 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!