900 g (2 lb) potatoes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
450 g (1 lb) lean minced beef
1 red pepper, seeded, halved and sliced
1 tbsp plain flour
225 ml (8 fl oz) strong beef stock
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
3 tbsp milk
knob of butter
75 g (3 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Cut potatoes into even-sized pieces. Put in a pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook until tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil .in a large frying pan and fry onions for 3 - 4 mins.
3. Add garlic, mince and red pepper and cook, stirring, for 4 - 5 mins. Stir in the flour then add the stock and bring to boil, stirring continuously. Add parsley and seasoning.
4. Mash potatoes and . mix with milk and butter. Season.
5. Spoon mince into an ovenproof dish, top with potato, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 mins.
Mix the grated cheese with breadcrumbs for an extra crunchy topping.
22 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!