3 tablespoons oil
1 lb (450 g) young courgette (zucchini)s, cut into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices
8 oz (225 g) canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
good pinch of garlic salt
1 pint (600 ml) water
1 stock cube, crumbled
thin lemon slices
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the courgettes and toss to coat with the oil.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, then the garlic salt, salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the water and stock cube and bring to the boil. Simmer until the courgettes are tender.
5. Blend to a smooth puree.
6. Serve hot or cold, garnished with lemon slices and parsley.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!