1. Put the pheasants into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then drain and skin the pheasants.
2. Return to the pan, cover with fresh cold water and add the onion, celery, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Remove the pheasants from the pan and strip the meat from the carcasses.
5. Return the meat to the pan and simmer for a further 1 hour.
6. Remove the pheasant meat and strain the cooking liquid.
7. Reserve 150 ml (1/4 pint) of the liquid and dissolve the gelatine in it.
8. When completely dissolved, add to the remaining liquid.
9. Mince the pheasant meat with the fat pork and stir into the gelatine mixture.
10. Turn into a baking dish. Cover with buttered paper and bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
11. Allow the pate to cool, then cover the top with clarified butter.