1. Wash the fruit and cut it in half.
2. Squeeze out the juice and the pips.
3. Cut the peel into shreds.
4. Tie the pips in a muslin bag and put it into a basin with the orange and lemon juice, water, and peel.
5. Soak for 24 - 48 hours.
6. Transfer to a preserving pan and cook gently for about 1 1/2 hours or until the peel is soft.
7. Remove the bag and squeeze out the juice.
8. Draw the pan off the heat, add 800g sugar for each litre and stir until dissolved.
9. Return to the heat, bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
10. Remove from the heat, skim, cool, then stir, pot, cover, and label.