1 lb (450g) lamb's liver, sliced
1 - 2 cups (100-175g) button mushrooms, chopped
2 level tbsp chopped parsley
1 level tbsp chopped chives
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
2 tbsp oil
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Put the mushrooms, parsley, chives and garlic in a bowl and mix together.
2. Coat the liver with the seasoned flour.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and quickly fry the liver for about 3 minutes, turning once. Lift it out and keep warm on a serving dish.
4. Add the mushrooms and herbs to the fat remaining in the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and plenty of freshly ground pepper.
5. Pour over the liver and serve immediately.
50 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!