1. Scrape off the scales. Wash, then open up the salmon to remove the backbone; place the fish on a piece of foil.
2. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the mace and cloves, add the bayleaves and brush with oil.
3. Reform the piece of salmon, enclose in the foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Heat a little of the oil in a roasting tray, add the salmon in the foil and roast at 180°C for 10 minutes, then open the foil, baste the fish and roast for a further 10 minutes.
5. Serve for 2 people, garnished with picked parsley and accompanied by a sauceboat of Hollandaise Sauce.