1. Season the meat and fry in the oil until brown on all sides. Drain in a colander and place in a pan for stewing.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in the same oil until golden, drain in a colander and add to the meat.
3. Sprinkle the meat and onions with paprika and moisten with the wine vinegar, stock and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and skim; add the marjoram and caraway seeds and cover with a lid.
4. Simmer gently, either in the oven at 180°C or on top of the stove, for 1 1/2 hours.
5. When cooked remove all traces of fat and mix in the soured cream, or serve the cream in a sauceboat.
6. Serve accompanied by Sauerkraut.