675 g (1 1/2 lb) boneless loin of pork
2 lemon grass stalks, finely chopped
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
12 black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
30 ml (2 tbsp) groundnut oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 fresh red chillies, seeded and chopped
5 ml (1 tsp) light brown soft sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp) Thai fish sauce (nain pla), or to taste
25 g (1 oz) roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
salt and ground black pepper
coriander leaves, to garnish
rice noodles, to serve
1. Trim any excess fat from the pork. Cut the meat across into 5 mm (1/4 in) thick slices, then cut each slice into 5 mm (1/4 in) strips. Put the pork into a bowl with the lemon grass, spring onions, salt and crushed peppercorns. Mix well, then cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a wok until hot, add the oil and swirl it around. Add the pork mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chillies and stir-fry for a further 5 - 8 minutes over a medium heat until the pork no longer looks pink.
4. Add the sugar, fish sauce and chopped peanuts and toss to mix. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
5. Serve at once, garnished with roughly torn coriander leaves on a bed of rice noodles.
20 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!