1 kg (2 lb) fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
100 g (4 oz) butter
225 g (8 oz) spring onions, coarsely chopped
10 g (1 tbsp) paprika
15 g (1 tbsp) flour
425 ml (3/4 pt) sour cream
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
1. Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until they are tender but still crisp, about 7 minutes. Drain well.
2. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over a low heat. Add the spring onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are translucent. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the paprika. Set aside.
3. Combine the flour and sour cream in a small bowl until they are well mixed.
4. Add the mixture to the spring onions. Add the salt. Simmer the mixture over a low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes longer. Serve hot.