450 g (1 lb) chestnuts
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
2 fat cloves garlic, chopped
150 g (6 oz) mushrooms, sliced
350 g (12 oz) Brussels sprouts
350 g (12 oz) red cabbage
salt and freshly ground black pepper
small glass red wine
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6.
2. Make a nick in the top of the chestnuts with a sharp knife and boil them for 10 minutes. Plunge them in cold water and peel.
3. Heat the olive oil in a flameproof casserole and fry the garlic.
4. Add the mushrooms, sprouts and red cabbage and season.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until coated with oil and beginning to soften.
6. Stir in the chestnuts and red wine. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!