1 large onion
4 chicken breasts
50 g (2 oz) 1/2 cup butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) brandy
300 ml (1/2 pint)
1 1/4 cups red wine
1 clove garlic, chopped
225 g (8 oz) 4 cups mushrooms, chopped
1. Chop the large onion and slice the chicken thinly.
2. Heat the butter and brown the onion and chicken together.
3. Pour over the brandy. Flame the brandy immediately and give the pan a shake once the flames have died down.
4. Pour in the red wine and leave over a low heat.
5. Stir in the chopped garlic and mushrooms and season with the pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir well.
6. Break the eggs into the pan and leave for 3 - 4 minutes until the eggs are cooked but soft.
7. Remove with a spatula and place the eggs and onions on the slices of chicken.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!