450 g (1 lb) French (green) beans, trimmed
15 g (1/2 oz) 1 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
15 g (1 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
15 ml (1 tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the French beans.
2. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes until tender.
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until browned.
4. Lower the heat, season to taste and stir in the parsley.
5. Drain the beans and place in a hot dish.
6. Pour over the melted butter and onions and spoon over the Parmesan cheese.
7. Place under a hot grill (broiler) for 2 minutes.
15 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!