1.25 kg (2 3/4 lb) carp fillets, skinned and cut into large pieces
butter for greasing
salt and pepper
2/3 cup (5 fl oz.) 160 ml dry white wine
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cup (150 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
1 tbsp (15 g) flour
2/3 cup (5 fl oz.) 160 ml double cream (heavy cream)
1. Grease a large ovenproof dish. Set the oven at 160°C/325°F/gas 3.
2. Arrange the fish fillets in the dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the wine and cover with a sheet of buttered greaseproof paper. Oven-poach for 25-35 minutes.
3. Using a slotted spoon and a fish slice, transfer the fish to a serving dish and keep hot. Reserve the cooking liquid.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onion and fry gently for 3-4 minutes until transparent. Add the mushrooms and fry gently for 3 minutes, then add the parsley. Sprinkle in the flour, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the reserved poaching liquid, mixing well. Simmer the sauce for 3-4 minutes until thick, then stir in the cream. Heat gently, but do not boil.
5. Taste the sauce, add salt and pepper, then pour it over the fish. Serve at once.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!