serves 3 - 4
25 g (1 oz) butter
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 - 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, skinned, seeded and coarsely chopped
salt and pepper
a slice of hot buttered toast per person
7 g (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and cook the onions, garlic and pepper over a moderate heat for 15 minutes.
2. Acid the tomato and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs with a little salt and pepper and pour into the vegetables.
4. Turn down the heat and stir until the eggs are thick and creamy.
5. Be careful not to overcook them.
6. Serve immediately piled on the toast and sprinkled with parsley.