250 g (9 oz) plain, dessert chocolate
225 ml (8 fl oz) double cream
5 cm (2 in) vanilla pod, split
15 ml (1 tbsp) coffee liqueur or dark rum
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and drop them in a pan with the cream and vanilla seeds.
2. Set the pan on a low heat and, stirring all the time, melt the chocolate and bring the mixture to the boil.
3. Draw off the heat immediately.
4. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool, stirring from time to time to prevent a skin forming.
5. When cool, add the liqueur or rum and beat vigorously until the mixture lightens and doubles in volume.
6. Use immediately as the filling hardens very quickly.