450 g (1 lb) egg noodles, cooked according to packet directions
45 g (3 tbsp) crunchy peanut butter
15 ml (1 tbsp) hot oil
5 ml (1 tsp) sesame oil
60 ml (4 tbsp) oil for frying
handful dry-fried peanuts, lightly crushed
2 spring onions, shredded
100 g (4 oz) bean sprouts, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute, rinsed in cold water and drained
1/4 - 1/2 cucumber, cut into small chunks
a few radishes
1. Plunge the cooked noodles into boiling water for 1 minute. Rinse with cold water and leave on one side to dry.
2. Meanwhile prepare the sauce by blending the peanut butter with the hot oil and sesame oil to a smooth paste. Prepare the garnishes.
3. Fry the noodles in two or three lots in hot oil. Flatten out on one side and, when hot, turn over and fry on the other side. Keep warm while cooking the other noodles.
4. Pile onto a large platter and pour over the sauce — mix lightly then scatter with peanuts and spring onions.
5. Arrange the bean sprouts, cucumber and radishes either around the noodles or in separate bowls.