24 Boudoir biscuits (ladies fingers or sponge fingers)
30 ml (2 tbsp) Marsala, sherry, brandy, rum, liqueur or fruit juice
600 ml (1 pt) ice cream
225 ml (8 fl oz) double cream
30 ml (2 tbsp) Coffee,
Chocolate, Butterscotch or Fruit sauce
50 g (2 oz) toasted flaked almonds
1. Arrange half the biscuits in the base of a loaf tin. Sprinkle with wine, spirit or juice.
2. Soften the ice cream and spread half of it over the biscuits.
3. Repeat with a second layer each of biscuits and ice cream.
4. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or more.
5. Whisk the cream until it is thick.
6. Unmould the ice cream loaf onto a serving dish.
7. Cover with cream and drizzle the sauce over it.
8. Garnish with flaked almonds