This dish is particularly delicious when cooked on a barbecue.
450 g (1 lb) leg of lamb
12 bay leaves
juice of 1/2 a lemon
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
5 g (1 tsp) oregano
1. Allow one skewer for each person. Cut the lamb into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes and thread onto the skewers with pieces of bay leaf in between.
2. Leave space at either end of the skewers to enable them to rest on the grill.
3. Beat the lemon juice into the olive oil, season with salt, pepper and oregano and leave the lamb to marinate in the mixture in a plastic bag for at least 1 hour.
4. Cook under a hot grill for about 10 minutes turning occasionally, so that the lamb becomes well seared on the outside and tender and juicy inside.
5. Serve immediately with quarters of lemon to squeexe over the meat, a tomato and cucumber salad and a dish of rice.