1. Put the escalopes on to a large piece of cling film, cover with more cling film and flatten gently with the back of a heavy frying pan to spread and really thin them.
2. Peel off the cling film. Heat the oil, then the butter in the frying pan.
3. Put in the meat, press it down so it is all in contact with the frying pan, count to 30, turn the turkey over, press it down and count to 30 again.
4. The meat will be thoroughly cooked through you do not ever want pink turkey - but very tender.
5. Put the meat on to warmed plates. Pour the grape juice or vermouth into the frying pan, stir it round to pick up all the bits from the meat, then add the double cream and let it bubble (double cream boils beautifully) and reduce slightly.
6. Pour it over the turkey and serve with pasta and mangetout.