100 g (4 oz) butter
75 g (3 oz) demerara sugar
130 g (4 1/2 oz) fine wholewheat flour
5 g (1 tsp) baking powder
juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
pinch cloves, powdered
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon curd
50 g (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
1. Cream the butter and sugar. Beat the eggs together. Sift the flour and baking powder together and mix.
2. Add the beaten egg and lemon rind, mix gradually into the creamed butter and sugar.
3. Sprinkle the cloves in. Add the lemon curd and mix thoroughly.
4. Put the mixture into a greased and floured loaf tin and bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) Gas 4 for an hour.
5. Dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice and pour it over the cake when you remove the cake from the oven.
6. Take the cake out of the tin when it is cool.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!