The black-eyed beans, prawns and paneer in this mean that it is rich in protein. The combination of both ground and fresh fenugreek makes this a very fragrant and delicious dish.
serves 4 - 6
60 ml (4 tbsp) corn oil
2 onions, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) garlic pulp
5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
5 ml (1 tsp) ginger pulp
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
150 g (5 oz) paneer, cubed
5 ml (1 tsp) ground fenugreek
1 bunch fresh fenugreek leaves
115 g (4 oz) cooked prawns
2 fresh red chillies, sliced
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
50 g (2 oz) canned black-eyed beans, drained
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in a preheated wok.
2. Lower the heat slightly and add the onions and tomatoes. Fry, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, chilli powder, ginger, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, paneer and the ground and fresh fenugreek. Lower the heat and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the prawns, red chillies, fresh coriander and the black-eyed beans and mix well. Cook for a further 3 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the prawns are heated through.
5. Finally sprinkle over the lemon juice and serve.
20 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!