French flair combines with a Middle Eastern influence to create this unusual and delicious souffle.
50 g (2 oz) butter
75 g (3 oz) finely chopped onion
25 g (1 oz) flour
225 ml (8 fl oz) milk
15 g (1 tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
100 g (4 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
450 g (1 lb) courgettes, finely chopped
pinch black pepper
4 egg yolks
5 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F) Gas 4.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add the flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Add the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken.
6. Add the Parmesan and feta cheeses and stir until well mixed.
7. Add the courgettes, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 minute.
8. Stir in the yolks one at a time. When all the egg yolks are blended, remove the saucepan from the heat.
9. Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
10. Fold the egg whites into the courgette mixture.
11. Pour the mixture into a buttered souffle dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until the souffle is puffed and browned.
12. Serve at once.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!