225 g (8 oz) long-grain rice
600 ml (1 pt) beef stock
10 ml (2 tsp) tomato puree
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
8 rashers bacon
300 ml (1/2 pt) Spicy Tomato Sauce
1. Wash the rice several times and drain.
2. Mix the beef stock, tomato puree and onion with the salt and bring to the boil.
3. Pour over the rice and fork through to stop grains sticking together.
4. Cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
5. Turn the grill on high and brown the sausages on each side for 3 minutes.
6. Allow to cool slightly and then wrap bacon rashers around the sausages.
7. Grill for a further 5 minutes under a medium heat. Alternatively bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) Gas 4 in the tomato sauce for 15 minutes after browning under the grill.
8. Arrange the sausage and bacon rolls on the tomato rice and pour the sauce on top.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!