This recipe is Gluten free and Wheat free
4 thick turkey escalopes, trimmed of all fat
4 thick slices of hard goat's or sheep's cheese
20 large sage leaves
6 slices of Parma ham (prosciutto), fat trimmed off
2 tablespoons of rice flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons of polenta (maize) crumbs
Sunflower oil, to fry
1. Slice each escalope in half horizontally and lay out open.
2. Place a slice of cheese and 3 sage leaves in each escalope and wrap 1 1/2 pieces of Parma ham (prosciutto) around each fillet (to secure).
3. Season the flour with salt and pepper and then dust each escalope with it.
4. Dip the escalopes in the beaten eggs and then roll in a plate of polenta crumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan (skillet), add the remaining sage and fry the escalopes on each side for 5 - 6 minutes until crispy golden brown and cooked through.
6. Drain on kitchen (paper) towels and serve immediately with new potatoes and salad.