This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
4 tablespoons of sunflower oil
2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
8 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
2 red chillies, seeded and chopped
2 lemon grass stalks, chopped
800 ml (28 fl oz) 3 1/3 cups of canned coconut milk
The grated rind and juice of 2 limes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3/4 cup of coconut cream
2 tablespoons of chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
600 ml (20 fl oz) 2 1/2 cups of boiling water with 1 tablespoon of Gluten free vegetable stock (bouillon) powder
1. Cook the onion in half the oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the cucumbers and garlic and gently cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the water and stock (bouillon) powder.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes; cool and liquidize.
5. Wash the pan and heat the remaining oil.
6. Cook the spring onions (scallions), chillies and lemon grass over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the cucumber liquid and add the coconut milk, grated rind and juice of 2 limes.
8. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Heat through gently for 5 minutes.
10. Allow to cool and then chill until needed.
11. Stir in the coconut cream to taste, and serve in cold bowls with a sprinkling of chopped coriander (cilantro).
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!