This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
serves 6 - 12
255 g (9 oz) 1 3/4 cups of rice flour
2 teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
170 g (6 oz) 1 1/4 cups of instant polenta
2 tablespoons of sugar
225 g (8 oz) 1 2/3 cups of frozen, fresh or dried blueberries
170 g (6 oz) 3/4 cup of soya yogurt with live ferments (or goat's yogurt, which is not DF)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
The grated rind of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon of corn oil
255 g (9 oz) 1 1/4 cups of crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
Apple juice to moisten
12 hole, non-stick muffin tray, greased
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) into a bowl.
3. Stir in the polenta, sugar and blueberries and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice and grated rind, corn oil and crushed pineapple in another bowl.
5. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and briefly stir in.
6. Add just enough apple juice to make the batter soft and easy to spoon into the moulds.
7. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the tin and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and spongy to touch.
8. Leave the muffins in the tray for 5 minutes to cool and then transfer them to a wire rack until they are ready to eat.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!