serves: 4 - 6
1 tbsp olive oil
450 g lean diced pork
130 g cubed pancetta
2 small onions, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and finely diced
4 sticks celery, finely diced
125 ml red wine
700 g jar passata with basil
2 bay leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
420 g can cannellini beans, drained
7 g fresh basil
65 g mascarpone cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the diced pork and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until the meat is sealed on all sides, remove from the pan and keep warm.
2. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown then add the onions and cook until just softened. Put the garlic, carrots and celery into the pan and cook until slightly coloured.
3. Return the pork to the pan, pour over the wine and bring to the boil. Add the passata, bay leaves and seasonings, bring the stew to a gentle simmer and allow to cook slowly for 1 hour 15 minutes.
4. Fifteen minutes before the end of cooking, remove the bay leaves, add the cannellini beans and roughly torn basil leaves.
5. At the end of the cooking time use a metal spoon and stir in the mascarpone cheese. Check the seasoning and leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with a green salad.
34 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!
Also see categories;Stews