75 ml (5 tbsp) chicken fat
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 kg (2 lb) tomatoes, skinned. seeded and coarsely chopped
675 g (1 1/2 lb) green peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
5 g (1 tsp) black pepper
30 g (3 tbsp) paprika
50 g (2 oz) black olives, stoned and diced
225 g (8 oz) tomato puree
675 g (1 1/2 lb) beef sausage, thinly sliced
6 - 8 eggs
1. Melt the chicken fat in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 10 - 12 minutes over a low heat.
3. Add the tomatoes, green peppers, salt, pepper, paprika and olives.
4. Turn the heat up to medium, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the tomato puree and sausage.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
7. After the Lesco has cooked for 25 minutes, fry the eggs on both sides until the whites are firm.
8. Serve the Lesco in soup bowls, topping each portion with a fried egg.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!