This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
115 g (4 oz) 3/4 cup of rice flour
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of maize flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
140 g (5 oz) 2/3 cup of Dairy free margarine
1 large egg yolk
3 heaped tablespoons of crushed 100% pure corn flakes
The grated rind of 1 lemon
The juice of 1/2 a lemon
7 rounded tablespoons of golden syrup (corn syrup)
23 cm (9 inch) fluted tart tin, greased and floured
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. sift the flours and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. Cut the margarine into this using a blunt knife. mix in the egg yolk and a little cold water.
4. Bring together into a ball with floured fingers, then knead briefly on a floured board and roll out thickly.
5. Gently lift the pastry over the tart tin and press with your fingers to fit neatly. Trim the edges.
6. Sprinkle the corn flakes over the base and spoon over the lemon rind and juice.
7. Evenly distribute the syrup over it and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
8. Let it get cold before serving warmed-up, otherwise it will be too crumbly. You can add chopped stem ginger for a change in the winter or serve with Stem Ginger ice-cream
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!