This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
4 large free-range egg yolks
1 heaped teaspoon of Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch)
1 heaped tablespoon of sugar
300 ml (10 fl oz)1 1/4 cups of soya milk
3 tablespoons of (DF/GF) cocoa powder, sieved
240 ml (8 fl oz) 1 cup of soya cream
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of (DF/GF) dark chocolate chips or chopped pieces
1. Mix the egg yolks, cornflour (cornstarch) and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Gradually add the milk.
3. Now transfer this mixture into a non-stick saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring most of the time until thick but do not boil.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder and soya cream.
5. Sieve the custard into a bowl and leave to cool.
6. When it is cold and the ice-cream maker is ready, mix in the chocolate chips or pieces and churn in the machine until frozen, but still soft enough to scrape out of the mixer.
7. Freeze in a scalable container until needed, or serve immediately with cookies.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!