serves 6 - 8
675 - 900 g (1 1/2 - 2 lb) crisp mixed raw vegetables, cut into manageable pieces, such as:
green, red and yellow peppers
radishes mushrooms Dip
100 g (4 oz) butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 anchovy fillets
300 ml (1/2 pt) double cream
1. Prepare the vegetables and arrange them on a serving platter. Keep cold.
2. Prepare the dip.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and add the garlic.
4. Drain the anchovy fillets and pat dry with kitchen paper.
5. When the garlic has softened, pound the anchovies into the pan until you have a smooth paste.
6. Beat in the cream and bring back to the boil. Cook, stirring until the dip has thickened slightly.
7. Serve hot. If you use a small copper pan or a fondue pan, you can serve the dip in the pan you cooked it in.
21 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!