This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
340 g (12 oz) of parsnips, peeled and chopped
30 g (1 oz) 2 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine
2 tablespoons of soya cream
Freshly grated nutmeg
455 g (16 oz) 2 1/3 cups of whole sweetcorn, drained
for the roulade
40 g (1 1/2 oz) 3 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine
30 g (1 oz) scant 1/4 cup of rice flour
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened soya milk
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
130 g (4 1/2 oz) 1 cup of grated courgette (zucchini)
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 3/4 Cup of chopped, toasted mixed nuts
3 large free-range eggs, separated
1. A large non-stick roulade tin, greased with Dairy free margarine and lined with baking parchment (wax paper)
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
3. Boil the parsnips until soft. Drain and then mash them with the margarine, soya cream and nutmeg until smooth.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Stir in the sweetcorn, cover and keep warm.
6. Make the roulade by first melting the margarine.
7. Beat in the flour and then incorporate the milk until you have a smooth sauce.
8. Season to taste with thyme, salt and pepper.
9. Stir in the grated courgette (zucchini), half the mixed nuts and the egg yolks and remove from the heat.
10. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then spoon one tablespoonful into the courgette (zucchini) mixture and blend gently.
11. Now fold in the remaining egg whites very carefully using a metal spoon.
12. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper.
13. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until puffy but firm.
14. Turn the roulade onto a piece of baking parchment (wax paper) that has been sprinkled with the remaining nuts.
15. Peel off the baking paper. Slice off the ends if they look a little dry.
16. Spread the warm filling mixture over the roulade and gently use the paper underneath to help you roll up the roulade.
17. Slide the roulade carefully onto a warm serving dish and decorate with fresh parsley.
18. Accompany the dish with Cranberry Sauce.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!