This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
serves 6 (or 12 as a starter)
1 kg (2.2 lb) 7 cups of baby new potatoes, scrubbed
600 g (21 oz) 7 cups of French dwarf (green) beans, topped and tailed
24 baby tomatoes, wiped and halved
1 small red onion, very finely sliced
24 black olives, stoned (pitted)
3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
24 quails' eggs, hard boiled for 3 minutes in boiling water, then transferred to cold water
12 anchovy fillets, drained and halved
3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 large clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
6 large fresh tuna steaks or 12 small
Extra olive oil
1. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just soft. Drain and put in a large dish.
2. Cook the beans, ensuring that they remain crunchy. Drain and refresh under cold water and mix with the potatoes.
3. Add the tomatoes, onion, olives, half the parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Peel and halve the eggs and mix into the salad. Add the anchovies.
5. Mix the oil, lemon juice and garlic together and sprinkle all over the salad.
6. Finally, brush the tuna fish with a little oil and grill (broil) or char-grill until just cooked through.
7. Place each steak on a bed of salad, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve or chill until needed.
8. For a more economical alternative, cook 540 g (180 oz) of fresh tuna then flake the flesh into the salad.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!