This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
1 large onion, peeled and very finely chopped
1 litre (35 fl oz) 4 cups of water
1 litre (35 fl oz) 4 cups of Gluten free fish stock (bouillon)
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 bay leaves
1 sprig of fresh thyme
140 ml (5 fl oz) 2/3 cup of good white wine
200 g (7 oz) 1 cup of tuna fish in brine or water, drained
A few drops of Gluten free chilli sauce/oil
1 kg (2.2 lbs) 4 cups of fresh clams (shells on)
6 large sprigs,of fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Put the onion and water into a large pan over high heat, cover with a lid and bring it to the boil.
2. Cook for 5 minutes and then drain away the water.
3. Put the onions back into the pan and once again cover them with the same amount of fresh water.
4. This time add the stock (bouillon) as well and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, bay leaves, thyme and wine and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer until the onions are soft and the liquid has reduced by about half.
7. Mix in the tuna fish, chilli sauce/oil, clams and half the parsley and simmer gently until the clams are heated through.
8. Do not boil the soup or the clams will become rubbery.
9. Serve the soup immediately with the remaining fresh parsley sprinkled over.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!