This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
240 ml (8 fl oz) 1 cup of sunflower oil
3 large free-range eggs
140 g (5 oz) 3/4 cup of light muscovado sugar
1 large ripe banana, peeled and mashed
140 g (5 oz) 1 cup of grated carrot
1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of rice flour
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of maize flour, sifted
2 teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder Demerara sugar for sprinkling
12 hole muffin tray, lined with paper muffin cases
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas mark 5
2. Beat the oil, eggs, muscovado sugar, mashed banana and grated carrot together and then gently mix in the nutmeg, the flours and the baking powder.
3. Carefully spoon the mixture into paper cases in the muffin tray and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
4. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until they are well risen and cooked through.
5. Leave them to cool slightly in the paper cases and then serve them warm.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!