This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of rice flour
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of maize flour
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of millet flour
115 g (4 oz) 1/2 cup Dairy free margarine, softened
70 g (2 1/2 oz) 1/3 cup of unrefined dark Mauritian sugar
4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon of Gluten free cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon of Gluten free bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 large free-range egg
1 tablespoon of grated orange rind
2 non-stick baking trays, greased and floured
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with an electric whisk.
3. When the mixture has formed a dough, shape into a ball with your hands, then wrap in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Roll out the dough, half at a time, until about 3 mm (1/8 inch) thick.
5. Cut into the required shapes and place 2.5 cm (1 inch) apart on the trays.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until they are golden.
7. Transfer on to wire racks to cool. Store the cookies in an airtight container until needed.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!