130 g (4 1/2 oz) 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of Dairy free margarine, softened
130 g (4 1/2 oz) 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of caster (superfine) sugar
2 large free-range eggs
125 g (4 1/2 oz) generous 3/4 cup of (WF) flour
1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract
2 heaped teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
A choice of food colourings, according to taste
icing (confectioners') sugar; sifted (about 200 g (7 oz) 1 1/3 cups in total)
12 glace cherries or angelica slices or silver balls (check they are all suitable)
12 hole, non-stick bun tray, lined with paper cases
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
2. Beat the margarine and the sugar together until light and fluffy in the food processor.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the eggs and flour half at a time.
4. Gently fold in the vanilla and baking powder.
5. Divide the mixture between the paper cases and cook for 12 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Cool the cup cakes on a wire rack.
7. Now make the icing. You can make several different coloured icings by mixing a few drops of pink, yellow or green food colouring to suit your decoration.
8. For example, pink icing with the cherries and yellow icing with angelica or green icing with silver balls.
9. Stir the icing (confectioners') sugar with the chosen colour and a little water in a small bowl until the icing is thick and smooth.
10. Do not make it runny or the icing will drip off the cakes.
11. Spread the icing on each cake and decorate.
12. Leave the icing to set before devouring the cakes.
13. Store any that are left in an airtight container.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!