This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
oil for greasing
55 g (2 oz) 1/4 cup of Dairy free margarine
55 g (2 oz) scant 1/4 cup of caster (superfine) sugar
2 tablespoons of golden syrup (corn syrup)
55 g (2 oz) scant 1/2 cup of white rice flour
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of brandy or lemon juice
The grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
2 - 3 baking sheets, lined with baking parchment (wax paper)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Grease the outsides of 6 upturned ramekins.
3. Melt the margarine with the sugar and the syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour and ginger, brandy or lemon juice and lemon rind.
5. Place small spoonfuls about 5 cm (2 inches) apart on the baking sheets to allow for spreading during baking. Cook until golden and bubbly.
6. Cool for 30 seconds and then speedily loosen them with a greased palette knife and wrap around the ramekin bases.
7. Leave to set and then carefully prise them off. if they are too brittle then briefly re-heat in the oven and try again.
8. They are now ready to serve or store in an airtight container.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!