This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
3 ripe nectarines, peeled, stoned (pitted) and cut into sixths
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
icing (confectioners') sugar to dust
for the batter
20 g (3/4 oz) 3 tablespoons of rice flour
A pinch of salt
115 g (4 oz) 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of caster (superfine) sugar
60 ml (2 fl oz) 1/4 cup of Amaretto liqueur
Grated rind of 1 lemon
4 large free-range eggs
240 ml (8 fl oz) 1 cup of soya cream
A deep-sided 28 x 20 cm (11 x 8 inch) ovenproof china dish, generously greased with Dairy free margarine and dusted with rice flour
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas mark 5
2. Put the nectarines and the lemon juice in a bowl together.
3. Make the batter by blending the flour, salt, sugar, liqueur and lemon rind together in a bowl. Gradually incorporate the eggs, followed by the cream.
4. Shake the excess flour off the prepared dish and arrange the nectarines over the base of the dish.
5. Mix the remaining lemon juice into the batter and then pour it over the fruit.
6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until firm and golden.
7. Dust the Clafoutis with icing (confectioners') sugar to serve.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!