25 g (1 oz) polyunsaturated margarine
2 onions, skinned and chopped
2 garlic cloves, skinned and crushed
350 g (12 oz) brown rice
900 ml (1 1/2 pints) hot chicken stock
1 red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 green pepper, cored, seeded and diced
8 oz (225 g) frozen sweetcorn kernels
salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb (450 g) peeled cooked Shrimps, thawed if frozen
2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
1. Melt the margarine, then add the onions and garlic and cook 3 - 5 minutes, until soft.
2. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Pour in the stock, stir well, cover and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes, until the rice is almost cooked and tender.
4. Uncover, add peppers and sweet-corn and season.
5. Cook for a further 10 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
6. Stir in the Shrimps and lemon juice and heat through for 2 - 3 minutes.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!