serves: 3 - 4
900 g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled well and chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
105 g can smoked oysters in oil
25 g butter
2 large cloves garlic, peeled
a little milk (optional)
150 ml carton double cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chopped Jerusalem artichoke in a saucepan and just cover with water.
2. Add the lemon juice, the oil from the tin of oysters, the butter and the garlic cloves.
3. Simmer gently until the artichoke pieces are tender.
4. Liquidise and sieve all the ingredients, together with the cooking water.
5. Taste the soup, adjust the seasoning and, if necessary, thin out with a little milk.
6. Whip the cream and chop the smoked oysters.
7. Add the oysters to the cream, together with as much chopped parsley as you like.
8. Serve the soup with islands of this mixture spooned into the centre of each bowl.