15 g butter
50 g mushrooms, finely chopped
100 g grated mature Cheddar cheese
3 tbsp creme fraiche
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
50 g plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 medium egg, beaten
50 g dried breadcrumbs
25 g ground almonds
oil for shallow frying
1. Melt the butter in a pan and cook the mushrooms until they are soft and any excess moisture has evaporated.
2. Mix with the cheese and creme fraiche.
3. Make a slit in the chicken breast underneath the fillet and fill with the mushroom mixture. Cover over with the fillet.
4. Coat in the seasoned flour and brush with the egg.
5. Mix together the breadcrumbs and almonds and press over the chicken. Chill.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the chicken for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.