250 g pack kale, stalks removed, finely shredded, washed and patted dry
25 g toasted flaked almonds
1/2 tsp coarse ground sea salt
1/2 tsp soft light brown sugar
25 g butter
1/2 tbsp oil
500 g fresh scallops
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1. Preheat a deep fat fryer to 190°C, 375°F.
2. Add batches of the shredded kale to the deep fat fryer. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper as soon as the thin slices start to float to the surface, this will take approximately 2 - 3 seconds.
3. Repeat this process until all kale has been cooked. Sprinkle with almonds, salt and sugar mix and put to one side and keep warm.
4. Heat the butter and oil in a griddle pan or frying pan and cook the scallops as per pack instructions. Put to one side and keep warm.
5. To make the Chinese five spice dressing: Place all the ingredients into a screw top jar and shake well until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. To serve: Pile crispy kale onto individual serving plates, top with the scallops and drizzle over the dressing . Serve immediately.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!