750 g boneless chicken breast, skinned and cut into 2.5 cm pieces
4 tbsp dry sherry
3 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp olive oil
1 to 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
dash of Tabasco
1 clove garlic, sliced
2.5 cm piece fresh root ginger, crushed
3 black peppercorns
lime or lemon wedges
1 quantity Sate sauce, see our internet recipe
1. Combine all the ingredients for the barbecue marinade.
2. Place the marinade and chicken in a large bowl and stir well to coat the chicken.
3. Cover and chill overnight or for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Thread the chicken onto 6 skewers. Place on the metal grid and cook for 10 minutes, basting and turning frequently.
5. Garnish with coriander and lime or lemon, and serve with sate sauce.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!