2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp hot madras curry powder
4 chicken breasts
1 red pepper, sliced into 1 cm strips
600 ml chicken stock
150 ml natural yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan. Gently fry the onion and garlic until soft.
3. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 2-3 mintues.
4. Move the onion paste to the side of the pan and gently seal the chicken on both sides.
5. Gently stir in the pepper and chicken stock. Season to taste.
6. Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Stir in the yogurt before serving.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!